The Rescue Squad covers over 80 miles of coastline in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. The Marine Response team is comprised of over 25 members, and has 9 marine assets spread throughout the response area. The largest boat in our fleet is the 670 Landing Craft.
The team follows all National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) guidelines so that we can comply with the mutual aid agreement for the Charleston Metro Marine Unit.
The Charleston Metro Marine Unit
The Rescue Squad’s Marine Response forms part of the Charleston Metro Marine Unit – a multi-agency group that responds to maritime emergencies including homeland security, maritime threats and natural and man-made disasters.
The Charleston Metro Marine Unit is made up of:
- the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office,
- Charleston County Emergency Medical Services,
- Charleston County Rescue Squad,
- Charleston County Sheriff’s Office,
- Colleton County Sheriff’s Office,
- Isle of Palms Police Department,
- Lexington County Sheriff’s Office,
- Mount Pleasant Police Department,
- North Charleston Police Department,
- North Charleston Fire Department,
- Pimlico Fire and Rescue Squad,
- St. John’s Fire Department, and
- Sullivan’s Island Police Department.