The demands on our volunteers have grown over the years and the need for additional members has grown along with it. The Charleston County Rescue Squad responds to more than 1000 calls each year.
The Rescue Squad provides training to all new and existing members to provide adequate support during emergency responses. All members are required to perform the following training (and maintain applicable certifications):
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- First Responder training and certification
How to Join
- Attend a business meeting. We hold them on the first and third Tuesday of every month at 1900 hours.
- Once you’ve attended two business meetings, you can submit an application for membership. Our membership committee will be able to provide you with full details (when you attend).
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must be physically and mentally able to fully perform all tasks and job functions required for duty
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D
- Must have valid driver’s license
- No convictions for felonies or serious misdemeanors
In order to gain or maintain membership, members must not:
- Allow their training and certifications to lapse.
- Have a criminal history that indicates you have been convicted of a felony offense, criminal fraud, or a crime of moral turpitude.
- Be classified as a registered sex offender
- Have a military discharge of less than an Honorable Discharge